Hurley Administration Bldg
Vice President for University Relations and Planning
The Division of University Relations, Communications and Marketing is the university’s chief communications unit and is responsible for:
- Enhancing, protecting and strengthening UNT’s institutional brand and reputation
- Reinforcing the university’s relevance to key target audiences, including current and prospective students and their parents, alumni, donors, friends, business and opinion leaders, faculty and staff members, and other constituents
- Encouraging community engagement
- Supporting UNT’s student recruitment and retention goals
The vice president serves as the chief institutional spokesperson in public forms, including crisis, event and issue management, and as the chief communications and marketing strategist.
Ms. Leliaert has served as Vice President for University Relations, Communications and Marketing since 2001. She leads the university’s chief communication organization and serves as the university’s top spokesperson and brand ambassador. She leads the university in expanding its image, reputation and brand recognition. She first joined UNT in 1992 as the Director for News and Information while attending UNT’s Toulouse Graduate School. Ms. Leliaert has more than 25 years of experience in executive public relations, marketing, communications and management positions in higher education, nonprofit and corporate settings. She previously served as vice president for two corporations before transitioning to nonprofit work.
- M.Ed. in counseling, UNT
- B.A. in journalism and public relations, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College