President Smatresk and UNT leaders from across the university worked together to create an action plan to ensure our university better incorporates initiatives targeted at advancing diversity and inclusion on campus. Click on the image to learn more.
Moving Forward Together
Read a message from President Neal Smatresk about the Black Lives Matter at UNT Town Halls held June 5 for students and June 8 for faculty and staff and watch videos and read transcripts from the events.
Diversity and Inclusion Training
UNT values training and is committed to ensuring all faculty and staff undergo diversity and inclusion training. There are a number of virtual Diversity and Inclusion Training webinars spanning topics from “Unconscious Bias” to “Communicating About Culturally Sensitive Issues” to “Managing a Diverse Team.” Additionally, Diversity and Inclusion provides keynotes and talks from programs such as the UNT Equity and Diversity Conference and Unlikely Allies in the Academy Series to provide additional awareness through recorded diversity and inclusion programming. Learn more about training opportunities.
President Smatresk’s Messages
As an institution of higher education, we have a responsibility to be at the forefront of change, leading the way in the fight against racism and bias, and creating social justice and equity. Read previous messages from President Neal Smatresk to the UNT community:
- Moving Forward Together — An Official Notice from the President — June 10, 2020
- We Must Stand Together — An Official Notice from the President — June 1, 2020
- UNT community won’t tolerate harassment — An Official Notice from the President — March 19, 2020
- Reflecting on campus' climate and inclusivity — An Official Notice from the President — Nov. 14, 2019
- Statement regarding "When Hate Comes to Campus" comments and outcome — A Joint Message from the Chancellor and the President — Nov. 8, 2019
- UNT declares Oct. 15 as Indigenous Peoples’ Day — A Message from the President — Oct. 8, 2019
Report Racist or Unjust Acts
If you witness racist or unjust acts on our campus or toward any of our community members, please speak out. If you experience or witness racism committed by a student, please report it. Suspected violations committed by faculty or staff members should be reported to Equal Opportunity. The Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity also has more information on how to be a more effective ally.