UNT President Neal Smatresk will discuss UNT’s successes, challenges and plans for the future during his annual State of the University address scheduled for 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018 at the Murchison Performing Arts Center. At the 2017 State of the University, he focused on the steps UNT is taking to transform into a next generation research university that prepares students for success in the digital age.
UNT System Regent Laura Wright, Chancellor Lesa Roe and UNT President Neal Smatresk spoke with faculty and staff about becoming a "Best Place to Work" and how UNT System Shared Services can better serve the UNT campus during a town hall on Jan. 26, 2018.
UNT President Neal Smatresk, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Jennifer Cowley, and New College at Frisco Dean Wesley Randall hosted a town hall and visioning session regarding UNT's future in Frisco on April 12, 2018.
Messages to the UNT community
- UNT names new Chief Compliance Officer — A Message from the President, May 17, 2018
- Innovative new partnership leads UNT to build Frisco campus — A Message from the President and Provost, May 1, 2018
- Join us for the NetDragon Digital Research Centre Launch Event — A Message from the President, April 30, 2018
- Do not click links in phishing email sent April 25 — An Official Notice from the President, April 25, 2018
- UNT’s 2018 Gallup survey results now available online — A Message from the President, April 25, 2018
- An Official Notice from the President, April 18, 2018
- Experience esports, UNT’s newest competitive endeavor April 16 — A Message from the President, April 13, 2018
- Tell us how you're working with corporate partners — An Official Notice from the President, April 9, 2018
- Don’t miss the university-wide Grad Block Party May 11 — An Message from the President, March 29, 2018
- UNT to close at noon Friday, March 30 — An Official Notice from the President, March 29, 2018
- Thank you for a great response to our Gallup survey — A Message from the President, March 26, 2018
- Get involved with UNT’s corporate partnerships, Frisco campus — A Message from the President, March 26, 2018
- Office of Research and Innovation — A Message from the President, March 15, 2018
- Share the value of summer sessions with our students — A Message from the President, March 8, 2018
- Thank you for making the Gallup survey a priority — A Message from the President, Feb. 21, 2018
- Complete mandatory compliance training by April 20 — An Official Notice from the President, Feb. 20, 2018
- Deadline for Gallup’s Employee Engagement Survey is 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 16 — A Message from the President, Feb. 15, 2018
- Creating a safe, caring culture for our students — An Official Notice from the President, Feb. 1, 2018
- An exciting new year — A Message from the President, Jan. 25, 2018
- Smatresk discusses how technology impacts education with Dallas Innovates
- Smatresk discusses the UNT-Dallas Cowboys partnership with the Dallas Business Journal
- UNT Builds a Modern Workforce, Smatresk's guest column on Dallas Innovates
- UNT Drives Progress as a Top-Tier University, Smatresk's guest column on Dallas Innovates
- Universities, Inc., Smatresk's guest column on Dallas Innovates
- A New Kind of Education, Smatresk's guest column on Dallas Innovates
- Smatresk named to D CEO's, The Dallas 500, a list of the most powerful business leaders in DFW. See what other UNT leaders and alums made the list.
- Smatresk discusses the vision for UNT's New College at Frisco with Frisco Enterprise.
- Smatresk talks with NBC5 about UNT's 125 years of progress and a key milestone in its history.
- Smatresk highlights UNT's progress in a special Denton Record-Chronicle issue commemorating UNT's 125th anniversary.
- Smatresk talks about UNT's quality and the cost of tuition in Texas with the Dallas Morning News.
- Smatresk touts UNT's quality programs and strong career pathways in a Dallas Business Journal story.
- Smatresk talks growth, marketing and reputation for UNT in a Q&A with the NT Daily.
- Smatresk discusses his priorities for UNT in a Q&A with the North Texas Commission.
- Read why Smatresk was voted one of Denton County's 10 Most Interesting People for 2014.
- Smatresk talk about his priorities for UNT on WFAA.
- Smatresk discusses UNT's opportunities and challenges on KERA's Think program.