The Steve Miller Outstanding Employee Award is named in memory of Steve Miller, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources. The award recognizes staff members whose contributions have positively impacted the division and/or University. Up to four employees per year can be honored in this category. Recipients receive an engraved award and $2,000 taxable cash award.
- Nominee must be in a UNT retirement-eligible staff position for at least six consecutive months.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of Associate/Assistant Vice President.
- Nominee may not have received any formal disciplinary action or performance improvement plan within the twelve months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee may not have received the award within the previous three years.
- Nominee carries out responsibilities professionally and collaboratively, providing excellent service to all those with whom they work and serve.
- Nominee promotes the mission of the University and goals of their college, school, division or department.
- Nominee takes initiative in their work, often going above and beyond what is required.
- Nominee demonstrates dedication and approaches work life with a positive attitude.