The Outstanding Employee Award is named in memory of Steve Miller, a former assistant vice president of human resources. The award recognizes staff members whose contributions have positively impacted their division or department and the university and is the highest honor a UNT staff member can receive. Up to four employees per year can be honored in this category. Recipients receive an engraved award and $2,000 taxable cash award.
Nomination forms will be made available for submission during the nomination period.
- Nominee must be a staff member in a UNT retirement-eligible position for at least six consecutive months from the date of nomination.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of executive (president, provost, vice president, vice provost, or associate or assistant vice president).
- Nominee may not have any formal disciplinary action within 12 months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee must have a performance rating not lower than 2.5 on his or her most recent performance evaluation.
- Nominee may not have received this award within the previous five years.
- Nominee carries out responsibilities professionally and collaboratively, providing excellent service to all those with whom he or she works and serves.
- Nominee promotes the mission of the university and goals of his or her college, school, division or department.
- Nominee takes initiative in his or her work, often going above and beyond what is required.
- Nominee is dedicated and approaches work life with a positive attitude.