The Rising Star Award recognizes staff members who demonstrate a passion for their work, the institution and the UNT tradition. The recipient shows promise in his or her work field and is making a large impact on the UNT community in the short time (six months to two years) that he or she has been a part of the university. One employee per year is honored in this category. The recipient receives an engraved award and $500 taxable cash award.
Nomination forms will be made available for submission during the nomination period.
- Nominee must be in a UNT retirement-eligible position for at least six consecutive months, but no more than two years from the date of nomination.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of executive (president, provost, vice president, vice provost, or associate or assistant vice president).
- Nominee may not have any formal disciplinary action within 12 months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee must have a performance rating not lower than 2.5 on most his or her most recent performance evaluation.
- Nominee may not have received this award within the previous two years.
- Nominee demonstrates leadership and provides guidance in interacting with the public, staff, faculty and students.
- Nominee has contributed -- above and beyond the call of duty -- to the development, implementation, and fostering of advances in departmental operations, creative services and/or successful programs.
- Nominee goes above and beyond expectations by enhancing the internal/external customer service experience through creative problem-solving.
- Nominee changes physical and/or attitudinal barriers beyond the scope of his or her job.