The UNT Staff Rising Star Award acknowledges staff members who demonstrate a passion for their work, the institution, and the UNT tradition. The recipient shows promise in their field and is making a large impact on the UNT community in the short time (six months to two years) that they have been a part of the UNT staff. One employee per year is honored in this category. The recipient receives an engraved award and $500 taxable cash award.
- Nominee must be in a UNT retirement-eligible staff position for at least six consecutive months, but no more than two years.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of Associate/Assistant Vice President.
- Nominee may not have received any formal disciplinary action or performance improvement plan within the twelve months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee may not have received the award within the previous three years.
- Nominee demonstrates leadership and provides guidance in interacting with the public, staff, faculty, and students above and beyond the expectations of their role.
- Nominee has contributed above and beyond the call of duty to the development, implementation, and fostering of advances in departmental operations, creative services, and/or successful programs.
- Nominee goes above and beyond expectations by enhancing the internal/ external customer service experience through creative problem-solving.
- Nominee changes physical and/or attitudinal barriers beyond the scope of their job.
- Nominee goes above and beyond the call of duty by enhancing and promoting quality, and exhibiting an exceptional spirit of service to others.