The UNT Staff Spirit Award acknowledges staff members who have consistently demonstrated a sense of pride in being a part of the UNT community by supporting staff, faculty, and students, and always promotes the University in a positive light. Up to two employees per year can be honored in this category. Recipients receive an engraved award and $1,000 taxable cash award.
- Nominee must be in a UNT retirement-eligible staff position for at least six consecutive months.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of Associate/Assistant Vice President.
- Nominee may not have received any formal disciplinary action or performance improvement plan within the twelve months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee may not have received the award within the previous three years.
- Nominee consistently demonstrates a genuine respect of University traditions and traditional programs and a commitment to solidify and enhance University traditions.
- Nominee displays a consistent spirit of teamwork and cooperation, modeled by respectful treatment of others.
- Nominee displays a willingness to make commitments and keep promises in pursuit of team, departmental, division, and University goals.
- Nominee demonstrates interest and concern for other staff, faculty, students, and University objectives.