The UNT Spirit Award recognizes staff members who consistently demonstrate a sense of pride in being a part of the UNT community by supporting staff, faculty and students, and by always promoting the university in a positive light. Up to two employees per year can be honored in this category. Recipients receive an engraved award and $1,000 taxable cash award.
Click here for the nomination form.
- Nominee must be a staff member in a UNT retirement-eligible position for at least six consecutive months from the date of nomination.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of executive (president, provost, vice president, vice provost, or associate or assistant vice president).
- Nominee may not have any formal disciplinary action within 12 months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee must have a performance rating not lower than 2.5 on his or her most recent performance evaluation.
- Nominee may not have received this award within the previous three years
- Nominee consistently demonstrates a genuine respect of university traditions and traditional programs and a commitment to solidifying and enhancing university traditions.
- Nominee has consistent spirit of teamwork and cooperation modeled by the respectful treatment of others.
- Nominee displays a willingness to make commitments and keep promises in pursuit of team, departmental, division and university goals.
- Nominee demonstrates interest and concern for other staff, faculty, students and university objectives.