"Staff Appreciation awards honor those who help UNT accomplish our goals to provide excellent support and service to our students and to each other."
President Neal Smatresk
About Staff Appreciation
UNT staff members are the backbone of the university, providing essential support to students, faculty, administration and each other. They are essential to the success of students, of UNT and the entire university community.
To honor staff excellence, the university expanded its Staff Appreciation program to a month-long celebration every year with new staff awards. The enhanced Staff Appreciation initiative celebrates staff excellence in more meaningful ways. There are new awards that allow a greater number of staff members to be recognized for their contributions, more celebrations and more opportunities for staff members to be engaged. UNT will honor outstanding staff members for their 2019 contributions during Staff Appreciation Month in March 2020.
The staff awards recognize nominated staff members who go above and beyond their duties to contribute to UNT's quality and excellence, to provide excellent customer service, to support student success, and to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace and campus.
The seven awards will be given each year to deserving staff members during the annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon. All award winners will receive an engraved plaque and a taxable cash award.
Learn more about the staff awards and see each award's nomination forms (available in English and Spanish).
- Steve Miller Outstanding Employee Award (English)
- Steve Miller Outstanding Employee Award (Spanish)
- Rising Star Award (English)
- Rising Star Award (Spanish)
- UNT Spirit Award (English)
- UNT Spirit Award (Spanish)
- Student Success Award (English)
- Student Success Award (Spanish)
- Customer Service Award (English)
- Customer Service Award (Spanish)
- Creating UNiTy Award (English)
- Creating UNiTy Award (Spanish)
- Excellence in Leadership Award (English)
- Excellence in Leadership Award (Spanish)
The Outstanding Department, Soaring Eagle and Star Performer awards will continue to be recognized at the President's Staff Sack Lunch, which is held twice a year. The nomination process for each of these awards remain the same.
Who can nominate?
Students, faculty, peers, and supervisors can nominate deserving staff members. A committee of staff members from each division will review nominations and make recommendations to the president who will choose recipients. They will be honored during the annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
For questions about awards and nominations:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 940-565-2281.