The UNT Staff Customer Service Award acknowledges staff members who establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with fellow staff, faculty, students and internal/external customers. They are dedicated to continuously improving customer satisfaction, exceeding expectations and reacting appropriately to ensure customer satisfaction. They also demonstrate excellence in resolving conflicts and/or when facing challenges. Up to three employees per year can be honored in this category. Recipients receive an engraved award and $1,000 taxable cash award.
- Nominee must be in a UNT retirement-eligible staff position for at least six consecutive months.
- Nominee must hold a position lower than the level of Associate/Assistant Vice President.
- Nominee may not have received any formal disciplinary action or performance improvement plan within the twelve months prior to the nomination date.
- Nominee may not have received the award within the previous three years.
- Nominee goes above and beyond by displaying a positive attitude, even under the most difficult circumstances, which impacts the internal/external customer experience. Nominee has repeatedly been “caught in the act” of delivering exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty.
- Nominee goes above and beyond by eliminating barriers for customers by effectively and efficiently communicating, collaborating, and addressing customer needs.
- Nominee demonstrates creativity or resourcefulness in assisting customers above and beyond the call of duty, while adhering to UNT policy and protocol.
- Nominee goes above and beyond in serving as a role model to students and coworkers through positive interactions with internal and/or external customers.